Thanksgiving is upon us - time to give thanks for all that the world and nature have given us, reconnect and celebrate with friends and family...and bust our ass to buy crap for those people?? I'd rather leave the last part out. I have, in the past, made charitable contributions to causes close to people. This year, the finances aren't quite up to that, what with my furlough and other assorted expenses. I'm looking into volunteering at some local organizations - if I can't be with family and friends, at least I can try to make my corner of the world a little better.
And in keeping with that spirit - making your world better - please don't get me anything for Xmas. Write me a card in your own handwriting, take a moment to think good thoughts for me as I try to escape...er, move on and up from Dinosaur National Monument, contribute to a park ranger group if you must open your wallet. Just please don't worry about getting me anything.
With one exception - and this is NOT Xmas-specific: hanging out in the local coffee shop with a few folks, I realized I am the only one with a pristine laptop. I am bumper sticker free! How did this happen!? Is there a support group? If you happen to find a really cool sticker of some kind, send it on down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I wish I had known about the sticker thing... I just put a NPCA sticker on my TV cause I had no where else for it to go!
I might have a WWF sticker somewhere though...
Post a Comment