Friday, May 29, 2009

Why did Matt move to Colorado?

Egad...has it been three months since my last post?
I think all of you know that the BS at Dinosaur NM just got too deep for me, so I slammed the Eject button and got out. "Escaped" is not too strong a word. There are a few people i'll miss, and certainly Samson (my neighbor's dog), but i'm certain i'll keep in contact with the people worth keeping in contact.
Now, I am at Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument. A free glass of wine* if you know the meaning of Florissant. Elevation: 8,400 feet. Yes, the altitude is a little, shall we say, thin. But then, Dinosaur is at 4,400 feet, and I kept in pretty good shape, so it's not so bad.
So far, things are alright. I'm starting to shake off all the stuff that happens when one takes a new job and ups and moves with less than two week's notice. I'm starting to shake off all the crap that built up over time from Dinosaur. I'm planning on going dancing next weekend! Yay! See, there's this thing about 45 minutes from Florissant called civilization. Sure, Colorado Springs is a military town, but they have wine shops and dances and an REI and leftist and progressive groups and free alternative weekly papers and all that stuff one can really miss when stuck in Vernal, Utah (closest Starbucks: 150 miles away).

And...i'm less than two hours from Denver International Airport, on the off chance that any of y'all want to visit...


*free glass of wine redeemable at matt's location

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Woohoo... sounds like you'll be much happier there Matt... I'll have to come visit for sure =)
Florissant means "flowering"... its pretty easy if one knows the fundamentals of the latin languages... or has internet access!

froghair said...

Congrats on finally getting out of Dinosaur, I know you've been working on that move for a long time. Cheers!