Monday, April 21, 2008

Contraband Bread

I made an escape to one of my favorite cities on Earth last weekend: Moab, Utah. Stopped at the Cleveland-Lloyd Dinosaur Quarry to check out the competition. Let's just say we don't have much to worry about at Dinosaur National Monument.
I listed to 'Under the Banner of Heaven' by Jon Krakauer on the way down. Uh, let's just say I am now officially worried about the growth rate of Mormon Fundamentalism throughout the world.
I picked up some contraband bread in Grand Junction, CO.. Yes, add bread to the list of things that are impossible to get in Vernal. Well, good bread. The only choices we have at te supermarket is white and wheat. Not even Orowheat or Franciscan or any other major brand usually seen in stores.
I sampled some of Grand Junction's finest wines. I won't be moving there any time soon. Note: if any of you want to sample the absolute nastiest, vile alcohol-based swill in America (even worse than Bud Light): stop by the Meadery in GJ.
And of course, I spent about five hours wandering the Fiery Furnace. There are few things better in this world than finding secluded patch of soft sand among the slickrock, and taking a nap in the morning sun.









No comments: