Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration thoughts...

Listening to the NPR feed - they mentioned all the flashbulbs popping off on the dais - the senators, representatives, and other dignitaries were the ones playing wide-eyed tourist...

Notice how little applause Warren got...none deserved...

Anything that puts Aretha Franklin in front of a microphone is a good thing...

Bless MSNBC - i've got a lousy internet connection but I can still get a clear TV feed online. Cue Yakov Smirnoff - What a country!

Damn...how do I get Ytzhak Perlman and Yo-Yo Ma to play my gig? And check the grin on Ma's face...

If I had 1/10th the writing and speaking ability of Obama...as someone who writes and speaks publicly for a living, that's when I find myself in awe of Obama, especially considering how much of each speech he writes himself...

2 comments:

froghair said...

while I agree with your sentiment about Warren, I have to point out that invocations/prayers are not typically applauded. ; )

matt said...

Warren is just such an example of everything that is wrong with organized religion, and it baffles me how he got time today.
I have the feeling that they could have put someone up there reading the phone book and they would have received a healthy applause...