Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It's been a while, part II...

Funny thing: life can get in the way of blogging. Who knew?

Last few months have been quite an adventure. Let's see...

I finished an 'Intro to the Monument' video for Florissant Fossil Beds, which will be on their website just as soon as the NPS IT people do their voodoo. Which can be between now and, oh, next thanksgiving.

I drove to Joshua Tree. I barely beat the first big giant bad storm of the season in Colorado. Like, two feet of snow overnight. I went: Florissant to Grand Junction to Durango to Chaco Canyon NHP to Cuba, NM to Santa Fe (Halloween in Santa Fe was a doozy, in a fun way...), to White Sands NM to Chiricahua NM to Tucson (witnessed one of those blood-red sunsets one can only find in the desert, with a ridge of saguaro cacti against the sky), to San Diego (does that place ever change?) to Joshua Tree.

JT...oy vey...dealing with a boss who thinks our #1 ob is to make him look good. As if... but i'm getting settled, learning the park, and slowly getting into the swing of things.

Now if only they would fix my heater...

No comments: