Saturday, January 12, 2008

God in Green and Gold Carpet

I think most of you know i'm not much on the good lord as the christians and jews see it. I think one thing, however, that might crumble the pillars of my thinking is DVR. I just wanted internet and the basic non-digital package of cable. My call to the local cable company, however, elicited a response of "We can send you everything but the kitchen sink plus DVR for the same price as an introductory offer." I have since been in the bliss of pausing live TV, skipping through commercials, starting football games an hour late to skip through all the breaks, etc.. Just such a beautiful thing...
Have to work during playoff Saturday and Sunday? Just set the DVR and thaw the steak. Family Guy marathon? Record 'em and watch 'em at leisure. Two one-hour shows on dinosaurs on Discovery Channel? Set it and forget it.
*sniff* almost brings a tear to my eye. Good thing the introductory offer ends in a few months...

1 comment:

froghair said...

hey there, blogging matt! looking forward to hearing from you!